If you are interested in booking with us, please contact us at info (at) kamalayoganepal.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
Next Yoga Trekking dates are:
12-23 October | Poon Hill & Annapurna Basecamp Yoga Trek (11 days, USD 1,205 only)
This challenging and rewarding route is set to become a favourite. It combines the splendour of two classic Himalayan trails into one 11-day journey. Book now to join us!
30 October – 7 November | Annapurna Basecamp Yoga Trek (8 days, USD 909 only)
A long-time classic, this route showcases some of the very best of the Himalayas, in only 8 days. Book now to join us!
As you might have seen from our social media, we recently opened a Yoga Studio in Pokhara. We think it is beautiful – but don’t take our word for it:
“The studio is stunning. Most importantly, it is very clean and bright, has AC, great equipment and an amazing view.” – Jamaine on TripAdvisor, August 2019
The best way to enjoy our yoga studio is to book a Yoga Stay with us, for any dates you choose, currently at only USD 75 per day. For this fantastic option, we partner with two highly rated and well established partners:
- the award-winning Big Pillow Inn for accommodation, and
- the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence holder Jiva Cafe for a delicious, healthy daily brunch by the lake.
Contact us anytime to learn more.
Namaste, and we hope to see you again soon,
Your Kamala Yoga Nepal Team
Our 2019 has been a really interesting journey so far. As some of you might already know, we won a Travel & Hospitality Award as Mountaineering Company of the Year 2019.
While our guests’ satisfaction is still the most important thing for us, the award does mean that all our hard work is being recognized. We are grateful for this!
Find us on pages 96-97 of the 2019 Travel & Hospitality Awards Magazine!
Pokhara is a beautiful town on the shores of Phewa Lake, with usually mild and sunny weather. We highly recommend that our guests spend a few days here, ideally following the trek, to rest and recharge.
Here are some of our favourite things to do:
Coffee shops and restaurants
Pokhara offers excellent food, in a relaxed and beautiful setting. All along the lake, there are coffee shops and restaurants. We recommend checking out Tripadvisor, or just taking a walk and finding a place you like. Jiva Cafe & Spa is one of our favourite places for enjoying delicious and healthy breakfast or lunch by the lake, or just some tea or coffee. Their massages are fantastic! A great place to come the day after you finish your trek. We also enjoy OR2K for their excellent food and beautiful views over the lake.
Pokhara is an adventure destination, offering paragliding, rafting, zip lining, and more. You can make arrangements with one of the adventure shops along Lakeside.
World Peace Pagoda — Shanti Stupa
Hiking or driving up to the Shanti Stupa is worth it when you are in Pokhara. The view of the mountains and lakes is stunning, and the atmosphere at the temple is very serene.
Boating on Phewa Lake
Rent a boat with boatman and take a tour on the lake. Seeing Pokhara and the surrounding hills and mountains from here is a treat.
Gupteshwor Mahadev Cave and Devi’s Falls
This cave and waterfall are worth seeing. They offer a glimpse into Nepalese culture, and showcase this beautiful natural waterfall.
And of course, if you have not booked with us yet, we highly recommend that you embark on one of our yoga treks for a unique and transformative experience — most of our routes start and end in Pokhara. 🙂 See our testimonials here.
What are your favourite things to do in Pokhara? Let us know in the comments!
At the time of booking, you will need to fill in our online booking form, providing the following information:
- First name, last name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Country of residence
- Country of nationality
- Home address
- Current occupation
- Trek route
- Trek start date
- Whether you would like to book bus/flight transfer between Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Your expectations
- How did you hear about Kamala Yoga Nepal?
Once your booking is confirmed, prior to your arrival, you will be prompted to send us the following information:
- Copy of your passport
- A photo of you (for your trekking permit, which we will have issued in advance. Best is a headshot with even background, like a passport photo — it can be taken wherever you are, with your phone)
- Arrival date (to Nepal) and flight details
- Departure date (from Nepal) and flight details
- Travel insurance policy number
- Travel insurance emergency hotline number
- Emergency contact name and telephone number / What is their relation with you, friend, parent, sibling, spouse?
We always enjoy reading articles and blog posts about traveling in Nepal. Here are a few we have recently found useful:
- Ultimate Nepal travel guide and packing tips (Ordinary Traveller)
- Our complete Nepal Travel Guide: What to know, see and do (The Common Wanderer)
- Nepal: I see the light in you (Ordinary Traveller)
- Nepal Travel Guide (The Longest Way Home)
- 5 things I wish I knew before going to Nepal (World Nomads)
- 19 important tips for Nepal travelers (Tripadvisor)
Our Yoga Treks are a great way to enjoy trekking, nature, local food and culture, yoga, and Nepal’s spirituality, all in one. Is yoga trekking the right holiday for you? Read more here. Our treks range from three days (Nagarkot Yoga Hike) to 13 days (Annapurna Circuit Yoga Trek). Don’t forget to take a look at our other yoga trekking routes, our FAQs and our packing list.
It depends! Our yoga treks are for you if…
- … you would like to experience stunning natural surroundings while practicing mindfulness.
- … you would like to challenge yourself and are not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone.
- … you are sincerely interested in practicing yoga and meditation with us.
- … you are curious about Nepali food and culture and would like to experience both.
Several factors need to be considered when deciding which Yoga Trek route to choose: it depends on the number of days you have available, your level of fitness, the season during which you are travelling, and the kind of experience you would like to have.
One of the unique things we offer at Kamala Yoga Nepal is that we offer shorter and longer versions of most of our treks. We know that our guests usually have a relatively set number of days available and we have tailored our offering in order to be able to offer something to everyone! [Read more…] about Which Yoga Trek Route is right for you?